Wednesday, December 12, 2012

If you shoot me, you're guaranteed a bullseye

When I do allergies to medication, I DO them.  We were supposed to meeting with Dr. O yesterday morning to discuss possible solutions to my allergy, but instead I woke up with a pretty impressive fever.  As a result, Dr. O sent us to the ER instead.  They brought the fever down and loaded me up on enough Benadryl that I fell into a state that would make a zombie proud. However, it did nothing to lower my itchy symptoms.  Dr. O thinks for sure that it is phenotonin (I think that is what it is called) because 80% of new users have an adverse reactions, just not quite as big as I am managing.

So now I get to go and see a doctor at "Family Urgent Care" (next to the hospital) every day for about a week.  I get to have an IV full of steroids, anti-nausea, and Benadryl.  I have now become a human pin cushion.



Two of the spots are rebellious
On a happier note, the swelling on the left side of my face is gone.  It does however make it next to impossible to wear my glasses since they have been morphed into so many different shapes.  However, I still cannot move my left eyebrow, so it looks like that is the one piece of permanent damage that received from my brain surgery, a messed up eyebrow.  I can live with that.  And now it will be pretty easy to make a student laugh when ever I want to.  I could be the next big actor if I wanted to now.  Here is just a small sample of my work:
happy face
crazy face
Yup, acting could be in my future.  Well, I'm off to take my next round of medication, I hope that none of you lose function of your eyebrow so I have no competition to show my excellence.














































3 comments:

  1. I have a question . . . does your rash consist of a lot of tiny blisters? After my last son was born I broke out like that from a drug they gave me. It itched terribly too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, unfortuantly just hives, but they certainly do itch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, hives itch like mosquito bites, at least that is my experience. Itch, scratch, and itch some more!

    ReplyDelete