Thursday, November 29, 2012

Dr. Remmington, cute, but taken

Today was my first visit with a doctor other than Dr. O post surgery.  Dr. Remmington is his name! (imagine that said to some music).  Dr. Remmington is an eye doctor that I was sent to in order to see how the vision is now in my left eye.  Vision in my left eye was what cued the MRI that discovered the tumor in the first place.

I am happy to say that my left eye vision is back to normal!  Before surgery Dr. Remmington declared my left eye blind.  Both Dr. O and Dr. Remmington thought that there would be permanent damage to my eye since the optic nerve going to it was in such bad shape, but we discovered today that all the swelling is completely gone.  After radiation and chemo Remmington wants to see me again so he can give me glasses with a new prescription my left eyeball has improved so much.  Booyah!

The big news . . . to get to this appointment I drove the car.  I never thought that using up gas money would feel so wonderful.  I also was adventurous and put on my first "normal" clothes since surgery.  Sweatpants and sweatshirts are comfy, but after awhile jeans are needed to feel normal again.  My husband also really needs to work on his picture taking abilities.  Murphy (the cat) takes up more the picture than I do:
Off to dinner I go!  Tomorrow will be one of my last days without something else doctorish going on, so I am going to enjoy tonight and tomorrow.  Thanks for the chicken and wild rice Jessi; it is delicious!

7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear/see that everything is going well. One question though...what are you going to do with your staples? Do you have some kids in mind at school?? "Hey you see that staple on your paper...yeah that was in my head!" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to the school on Monday to let the kids know what is going on, and I have the bag of staples to show them as well as the hair they shaved off of me :). The nurses at Dr. O's office pulled out a great "biohazard" bad to put them in after they found out I was going to show them to my students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are official the best middle school science teacher!!! I wonder how many parent calls it might generate :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon,
    I am a friend of Chris's family from OUMC. What an amazing journey and progress so far! Keeping you in my prayers you are inspirational! Your students are going to love your show and tell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing you Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What about a necklace? Maybe some Christmas garland for your tree?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooo, I like the Christmas garland idea. We are getting a smaller tree this year, so I just might be able to make them fit.

    ReplyDelete