Thursday, December 31, 2020

Breathe easy

After about three days of Shannon having difficult breathing she's able to relax a bit more now. Some medicine to reduce saliva and the occasional suction has kept her in relative comfort.

Her eyes are open, but she seems unable to focus on anything or anyone. She is concious enough to smile when I tell a joke or too. I keep reminding her she was going to get a tattoo if she made it to the new year. Just a few hours now. 
     As fun as it would be to have a tattoo artist in here, something tells me it would be problematic for many reasons. I think I'll order one of those press-on tattoos. For those that didn't know, she wanted a pink and the brain tattoo, though she never got a design or anything put together before being unable to communicate.

    It's a surreal world we live in right now. I hear several news reports that some funeral homes have to turn people away. They cannot process bodies fast enough. Trying to get final arrangements made during a pandemic is about as difficult as you'd imagine, or worse, have had to do yourselves.
    Shannon wanted her body donated to science, apparently two universities have programs for that. I wonder if she'd get a priority with her very rare tumor.

4 comments:

  1. Hopefully she will get her wish from a University. Maybe someone could benefit in the future from the research.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping for research for her. Glad that was her choice too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinky and the Brain tattoo. Hard to say where to find that. Hope she smiles at that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete