Tuesday, December 8, 2020

English is hard enough

Shannon's speech and strength are getting worse. Saturday she had a treatment to help her breath easier, it seems to have good lasting effects. She was having a lot of struggles to breath deeply and had a few times she was actually letting me know she was having trouble, which is big for her. 

Physically she's become much weaker, a lack of exercise and movement I suspect has added to that. She can still operate a spoon or fork, at least once the food is on it. She's better just grabbing the food and putting it in her mouth, which is what she tries regardless of the finger food status or not.

Her speech has become raspy and less intelligible. It's hard for even me to get an answer from her. By the time I ask her a second time she's forgotten about it. She has memory but refuses to remember any new ways of communicating. She starts with a slurred sentence, then drifts off and cannot finish. I try to guess from context, but I've gone from 90% to about 20% accurate.

English is hard enough without a brain tumor, boreline impossible with it.

3 comments:

  1. Hoping for more peace & less suffering. I appreciate the update. Sending much love, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending our love and prayers for strength and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete