Thursday, January 17, 2013

Donald Trump Really Does Need a New Haircut

While I am writing this, my husband has literally locked himself in our bedroom.  Why?  He is wrapping a gift for me for my birthday tomorrow.  Yeah!  The radiation people were kind enough to give me a small cake (which will be breakfast tomorrow), and also let me know that my radiation appointment tomorrow is cancelled because the radiation facility is having a software upgrade to their computers.  That is a better gift than the cake.  Three day weekend here I come!
My cake from the radiation people.
Today was just a day of good news with the doctors.  First, Dr. Stille let me know after a hearing test that so far I have no hearing loss in my left ear.  This was something that was a concern originally since so much of the radiation I am receiving is going through the area around and through my left ear.  I would not enjoy having to get a hearing aid at the ripe old age of twenty-eight.    Second set of good news, I had blood work done at Dr. Wagner's today, and the results were great.  The best part of the results? My immune system is AWESOME!  Right now my immune system is low for my age, but not so low that I have to completely hide.  Apparently it is about at the level that they see in their more elderly patients before they start their chemo.  My husband and I are now actually contemplating going to a restaurant for my birthday.  I never thought I would love that thought so much.

Also, this weekend is going to be my GI Jane weekend.  I've continued to lose hair on the left side of my head, and the right side is now getting quite a bit of noticeable loss as well.  I've tried a comb-over, which does cover it up about halfway, but it is a bit too Donald Trump for my taste.  So Sunday morning when Great Clips is mostly empty, I'll be making a trip for a good ol' head shaving.  If nothing else it will be a nice way to save some money on shampoo.  The only sad thing about this is that I will no longer be able to make jokes about hair with my husband being the victim.  Darn.

No comments:

Post a Comment