Friday, January 12, 2018

Allergy source discovered!

The allergy mystery has been solved!!  Woohoo!!  There is nickle in my titanium staples!!  I've always had a small allergy to nickle in jewelry, but this takes the cake.  This completely explains why now (as well as post surgery five years ago), the hives have spread from the left side of my face down.  The big thing this describes is why my hives always begin closer to my head and then moves down my left side due to the staples' nickle remnants moving downwards during a shower or when sweating.  I never thought I would be so happy about being allergic to something!

Originally my staples were due to be removed on Friday, January 19th.  However, after this discovery it has been decided that they need to be taken out from my scalp sooner.  The docs want to keep my staples in at least through the weekend so everything as the time to heal, but also want it out in the near future, so it is looking like my staples are coming out Monday or Tuesday.

Until my staples are removed next week, I will be stuck with hives that need to be managed until it is safe to say good-bye to my allergy.  To help manage them I will be put on a round of stronger steroids then I was previously assigned, and horse-pill-sized sized benadryl.

Time to begin writing an obituary to my nickle caused hives! 

No comments:

Post a Comment