Thursday, November 19, 2020

Back to the hospital

Hi all, Rock here -

      Shannon is back in the hospital from complications with her brain tumor. Over the last three weeks she's been having more and more issue. Her right side first wasn't responding then was completely numb. She stubbornly refused help the whole time. Last week we found out from another MRI the mass has increased and is also having other growths showing across the other side of the brain. We started steroids but they had little impact. 

      Over the weekend she got progressively worse, we were trying to get on a chemo but Tuesday I found Shannon hunched over on the ground where she could no longer get back up. Called an ambulance and got her to the hospital, a new one so they have a million questions we've answered a million times other places. Tuesday she was borderline unable to understand or communicate better than yes or no's. 

      She currently is a little better. She can feed herself with her left hand but her whole right side is still useless for her. She cannot stand and is exhausted rolling over. She can feed herself as long as it only needs one hand. If she's a bit better tomorrow we may try utinsels.

      We are waiting results for an EKG. They want to see her siezures, and even though one saw it in person they want the test. Unfortunately they didn't get the alarm set correctly so the first two didn't get recorded, and since they fixed it she's been fine.

     Shannon is tired, both physically and emotionally. Not being able to speak, read or write was difficult enough. Now not being able to take care of herself at all has her really down. She doesn't have a lot of hope that any treatments can be done to help her recover, and there's not a lot of options left. We are in the process of figuring out if she can or wants to go home, or if she needs to go to a care facility.

     I'm doing fine, so quit asking. I know you all want to do something, but there's not much to be done right now. She cannot speak or read but if you wish to leave a message I'll see that she gets it. 

5 comments:

  1. Dear Shannon, Lots of prayers are being said for you (I have an amazing friend who is a Prayer Warrior - thought that was a cool title!!!). Let Rock and whoever else is there help you - get pampered, cared for and just rest. You are much loved. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talked to Uncle David, your grandfather Saturday. He was concerned about you having more symptoms. He has told me several times how much he enjoys meeting up with you on the weekends for visiting,swimming & eating. I am sending you much love. I finally got a cursive book for adults so am going to practice my cursive. I have gotten into the bad habit of printing only. I am thinking about you. Love you, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talked to Uncle David, your grandfather Saturday. He was concerned about you having more symptoms. He has told me several times how much he enjoys meeting up with you on the weekends for visiting,swimming & eating. I am sending you much love. I finally got a cursive book for adults so am going to practice my cursive. I have gotten into the bad habit of printing only. I am thinking about you. Love you, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would she enjoy photos either of her past or from friends and family? Know reading is not good but sending pictures may let her know we love her. Cards and notes for you to read to her ok?
    Know Maxine enjoyed re-reading cards and letters. Something to brighten her day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete